Contributors

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Speak

Speak
Laurie Halse Anderson;Puffin Publication

Summary: Milinda Sordino had something that happened to her this summer that she won't speak about, in fact she hardly speaks at all. After calling the cops and breaking up a party, Melinda finds herself being despised by others and ignored. She finds that being alone is the safest thing to do, but the thoughts and images still haunt her through out the year.

Personal Review: I really enjoyed this book. The Character Melinda was amazing. Her journey to self-discovery and justice put me to tears. While reading Speak I found that I couldn't speak through the whole thing. It was one of those books that no words can describe. It made me absolutely silent.

Cautionary Notes: Rape, partying, and mild cussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.