Contributors

Friday, October 8, 2010

The Lorax

The Lorax
by Dr. Suess; Random House Books 1971

Summary: The Once-ler discovers a land full of Truffula Trees that he can use to make Thneeds. He starts up an industrial business where he hacks down the Truffulas. The Lorax, the speaker of the trees, protests and pleads with the Once-ler. Once-ler won't stop until the last Truffula falls down. By then will it be too late for the entire ecosystem?

My Review: I don't really know how I feel about this book. It is definately not my favorite by Dr. Suess. I found the illistrations to be very well done as always when it comes to his books. The wording creative and definately catchy with the rhymns.  This is a enivormental children's book, so in other words very "tree-huggie." The message is about being aware of the enviroment and how we can damage it with productions. I'm not that big of a fan of it.
 
Watch Out For: Pollution, ecosytems being wiped out, and the faceless Onceler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.