Contributors

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Such a Pretty Girl


Such a Pretty Girl
Laura Wiess; MTV Books 2007
Summary: They promised Meredith nine years of safety, but only gave her three. 
Her father was supposed to be locked up until Meredith turned eighteen. She thought she had time to grow up, get out, and start a new life. But Meredith is only fifteen, and today her father is coming home from prison. 
Today her time has run out.

My Review: This is such an intense and emotional book. It deals with real problems that people face. This isn’t usually the kind of book I would read, but a close friend told me I had to read it and I am thankful she recommended it to me.
Meredith is a fifteen year old girl who lived through a nightmare of an experience that some of us can’t even imagine going through. Her father sexually abused her when she was little and her mother didn’t do anything about it. He abused several other children, but Meredith was the one who was injured and admitted to what was happening that put him in jail.  She thought she was finally safe until he comes back early.  Meredith has no one to turn to and she has to find the strength with in herself to overcome her biggest nightmare.
This is such a haunting book, but I am glad I read it because this stuff is real. It isn’t graphic, but you get the general idea of what happens to her. I really admire Meredith for her strength and courage to defend herself from her demons.
If you can handle it, then definitely read it.
Watch Out for: Violence, sexual abuse, sex, language, and mental flashbacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.