Contributors

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Everybody Knows That!

Everybody Knows That!
By Susan Pearson, Pictures by Diane Paterson; The Dial Press 1978

Summary: A young girl decides to teach her playmate a lesson after he lets her know she can’t do certain things because she’s a girl.

My Review: I really liked this book as a child. I think I liked it so much because I totally related to the girl Patty. I was the type of girl who played games that both girls and boys played. Cops and robbers, barbies, and boy toys. But when I entered kindergarten I didn’t play with the girls because I didn’t like what the girls played. I liked being and playing with the boys because their games were more exciting. At times the boys would say that because I was a girl that I couldn’t play with them. So I can understand Patty’s feelings in this book. I really enjoy this book because it shows that boys and girls can do whatever the other does.

Watch Out for: Boys being mean to a girl just because she is a girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.