Contributors

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush
Becca Fitzpatrick;  Simon & Schuster 2009

Summary: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. 

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. 

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

My Review:  I totally just read this book in one sitting. I really did quite enjoy it because of a certain man.  I am a sucker for hot male characters with a dark past. Patch was so mysterious, sly, a teaser, and a huge flirt.And that my friends is why I enjoyed this read. It is horrible, but hey I am being honest here.

It has some similarities to other books I’ve read like The Mortal Instruments, Devils Kiss, Twilight, and The Blue Bloods Series, but then again it had some original ideas as well.  It was a lot like these other books because it starts out with a normal girl who is draw to this really hot guy in a class. I already see a Twilight similarity there. She wants to know everything about him so she researches online, interrogates people who know him, etc…. Similarities again come to my mind. There is mentioning’s of fallen angels and Nephilim which made me think of The Mortal Instruments and The Blue Blood Series. But the original stuff that came up intrigued me. Like how a fallen angel can become a human and fallen angels stories found in a book. There were a lot of unanswered questions about The Book of Enoch and fallen angel stuff, but I am pretty sure the next two books in the series will solve the answers.

Overall if you are into the supernatural stuff and have read multiple YA books with supernatural/love themes then this is a book for you!

Watch Out for:  Death, Murder, attacks, break ins, a sex ED class, kissing, angels, mind powers, some drinking, and medical drug use.


Book Trailer:

5 comments:

  1. After all the hype I was really looking forward to Hush, Hush, but it didn't really live up to my expectations, glad you've found it enjoyable though! :)

    I'm now a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ bookaworld.wordpress.com too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! I've heard a lot about this book, sounds good and great review!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed your blog with google connect, but it overwhelms me. :) Could you add an email subscription button?:)

    Shannon
    http :// www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'd like to tag you for the Liebster Blog Award Tag!
    Here is the link where I put my tag:
    http://readrw.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award-tag.html

    And here's the link with all the information:
    http://2-b-read.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Channing
    Glad you liked Hush Hush, I thought the first book was the most interesting of the series :D **New Follower**
    www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.