Contributors

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sisterhood Everlasting

Sisterhood Everlasting 

by 

Summary: Now Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget have grown up, starting their lives on their own. And though the jeans they shared are long gone, the sisterhood is everlasting.

Despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness.

Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected.

As moving and life-changing as an encounter with long-lost best friends, Sisterhood Everlasting is a powerful story about growing up, losing your way, and finding the courage to create a new one

My Review: It has been so long since I have read a whole book! It feels good to read a whole book again, instead of samples on my kindle. I have been behind these last few months. But I am making a goal to start reading and blogging reviews again. I've missed it a ton.

This books was something I needed to read at this time. It reminded me of friendships I have and the friendships I've let slip away. During my junior year of college, there were four of us. Just like the sisterhood. We would have bridge night, where we lit candles, had junk food, and talked about everything. We were best friends. A teacher told us that eventually we would all stop talking and that our friendship wouldn't last. We of course deined it then. It has almost been five year since that time and I only comminicate with one of them.

Much like the sisterhood, each character goes down a different path and lives their lifes. Often their thoughts turn to thier friends, with wonder on how things are going in their lives.
This was a difficult read because of the tragedy that happens to them. It was heartbreaking to watch each character go through struggles and heartbreak. I am not going to lie. I shed a tear or too while reading this.

What I like so much about the sisterhood is that even though each character is flawed, they still grow and come to find their own happiness. And that their friendship is everlasting.

Watch Out For: Sex, planned parenthood, birthcontrol, explicit swearing, drinking, death, and suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.