Contributors

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Lightning Thief






 Percy Jackson & the Olympians: 
The Lightning Thief

By Rick Riordan; Mirmax Books 2005

Summary: Percy Jackson seems like he is just another troubled 12-year-old diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. He has good intentions, a kind loving mother, a nasty stepfather, and has a long line of schools who have rejected him. Lately, he seems to be attracting mythological monsters everywhere he goes. Soon  Percy finds himself at Camp Half-Blood where the truth comes out. Percy is half god, half human. But who is his father? And why does Zeus think he stole his master lightning bolt?
 Percy and his friends have till the summer solstice to find the bolt and return it to Mount Olympus. For Percy to succeed his quest he will have to do much more than catch the real thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him: solve the oracle's riddle; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.

My Review: This is my third time reading this book and my love for it grows every time. Rick Riordan has such a way with his writing. He keeps you involved in this book and makes it hard to put it down. He's writing made me laugh and that right there has my vote. I love humorous books and  I laughed through out this whole book. I have always loved Greek Mythology and this book is chalk full of it. All this Greek mythology takes place in America which makes it even better to get involved in.  Percy Jackson is my kind of twelve-year-old! He is brave, not afraid to speak his mind, and is loyal to his new friends. He goes from a troubled kid to a kick trash hero. In this series Rick throws these mythological  creatures, heroes, and Greek Gods in a way to make it fun and enjoyable to read. I highly recommend it!

Things to Watch Out For:  Violence, swordplay, monsters, and half-bloods are the results of affairs between Gods and mortals.    

Percy Jackson is now playing in theaters everywhere. I have yet to see it, but I am planning on it. Here is the trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.