Contributors

Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Kiss in Time

A Kiss in Time
By Alex Finn; Harper Teen

Summary:

Talia fell under a spell . . . . Jack broke the curse. 

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . . 
stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all - even time?

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind. 

I awakened in the same place but in another time - to a stranger's soft kiss. 
I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen. 

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner! 
Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels. . . . The good news: My parents will freak! 

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing


My Review: I have always loved the story of Sleeping Beauty, but this story made love it even more. This modern day tale of a princess being awaken by a regular teen is fantastic. The story is told from both point of views; Talia the princess and Jack the American Teenager. Jack acts out in order to get his parents to notice him and Talia just wants to be free.  They both help one another. Jack helps Talia escape her home and brings  her to his world where there are buses, Judge Judy, and French fries! Talia has beliefs in modesty, justice, and  democracy in all things.

When reading this I came to realize how much I rely on the the things of this world. Technology and peoples approval are things I live for. Through Talia I realized that just by being one's self you can gain peoples approval and that by conversation you can find happiness. I loved watching Jack grow throughout this story. How he came to be a respected and responsible guy, instead of the slacker loser everyone thought he was.

I really loved this novel and I highly recommend it! If you are a lover of fairy tales, true love, and destiny then this is a book for you!

Things to Watch Out For: Partying, drinking, sensual acts, and witch craft.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.