Contributors

Friday, August 6, 2010

The Red Pyramid

The Red Pyramid
By Rick Riordan; Disney Hyperion 2010


Summary: Carter Kane has been living out of a suitcase, traveling the globe with his father, the Egyptologist Dr. Julius Kane. But while Carter's been home schooled, his younger sister, Sadie, has been living with their grandparents in London. After six years apart, the siblings have almost nothing in common. Until now.


On Christmas Eve, Sadie and Carter are reunited when their father brings them to the British Museum, with a promise that he's going to "make things right." But everything doesn't go according to plan. Carter and Sadie watch as their father summons a mysterious figure, who banishes Julius and causes an explosion. 


Carter and Sadie discover that the gods of Ancient Egypt are waking, and that Set, the worst of the gods, has a scheme. To save their father they must embark on a dangerous journey. A journey that will bring them closer to the truth about their family and to the House of Life.


My Review:  Egyptian Mythology is truly fascinating! I have never really thought about reading up on it until I read this book. I am just as addicted to it as I am to Greek Mythology now. Egyptian symbols, terms, structures,  mentioning's of past pharaohs,  and places are brought into the story and really add to the book. Wikipedia became my very good friend during this read. I encourage you, if you read this book, to research Egyptian stuff in general and I can guarantee it will add to your reading experience. 


Rick Riordan is a brilliant man with a way of drawing you into his books. He first drew me in with his Percy Jackson and the Olympians series last summer. He really impresses me every time I pick up one of his books. He keeps you enthralled and entertained the whole way through. I never cease to laugh. The bickering between Sadie and Carter when they are telling the story is hilarious.Rick also brings the ancient gods into modern world and that in and of itself makes you keep an eye out for things. 


All in all, I really enjoyed this book and I encourage people of all ages to read it!!


Things to Watch Out For:  Action and Magic. 


An Introduction to the Kane Chronicles by Rick himself:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.