Contributors

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Princess and the Pea

The Princess and the Pea
By Hans Christian Andersen;C. A. Reitzel 1835

Summary: A prince wants to marry a princess, but has some difficulties because he cannot be determine if they are real princesses. On a stormy night a young woman comes to the castle claiming to a be a princess.The prince's mother decides to test the young woman by putting a pea under 20 mattresses and featherbeds for the night. Only a real princess has the sensitivity to feel a pea through a large amount of bedding.

My Review: This is such a fun story. I've always loved this story because I dreamed of being a princess when I was little. I have to admit that I did try putting a pea under my bed, but alas I felt nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.