Contributors

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just Me and My Dad


Just Me and My Dad
By Mercer Mayer;  1977

Summary: This well-loved Little Critter picture book has become a modern classic. It's the tale of a father-and-son camping trip filled with Little Critter's mistakes and good intentions. In spite of difficulties, however, the happy father and son manage to put up their tent, catch fish for dinner, and sleep beneath the stars. In spite of minimal text, the story is full and rich, with endearing illustrations from start to finish.

My Review: This book holds a special place in my heart. First of all I love my Dad and I love spending time with him in the outdoors.  Second, this is the first book I remember reading with my parents and siblings.  I asked them to read it out-loud to me so many times that I soon memorized it. Then I would pretend that I knew how to read to my little brother and mom.  It truly is one of my favorite children’s books because I have so many memories with it. It overall is a great story about a father-and-son relationship and outing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.