Contributors

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl  # 1
By Cecily von Ziegesar; Little Brown Books 2002


Summary:Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep--sometimes with each other. 

S is back from boarding school, and if we aren't careful, she's going to win over our teachers, wear that dress we couldn't fit into, steal our boyfriends' hearts, and basically ruin our lives in a major way. I'll be watching closely...

You know you love me, 
gossip girl



My Review:
 To be quite honestly I did not like this book at all. I found it rather trashy and disappointing. I was into the first few pages and I was like o no I know right now that I am not going to like this book, but I give every book a chance. 


The story takes place in Manhattan young, rich, and fashionable. Where the characters Serena, Blair, Nate, Chuck, and others throw parties, fall in love, and try to get into Ivy League colleges. The story is narrated by the characters and the online site Gossip Girl. No one knows who this Gossip Girl is, but she knows and sees everything.


 I am not into the snobby rich girl scene, where they just party every night, steal each others boyfriends, and keep up or ahead of the fashion treads. And yet hundreds of young girls want to be like them. They want the popularity, the money, the fashion, and the boys.And yet how to these girls feel about characters such as these? Do they want to be like them? Do they hate them? Do they feel sorry for them? Do they envy them? Something to think about.


But overall I didn't really like it and I don't plan on finishing the series. What will your opinion be?


What Out For: Sex, strong language, smoking, drinking, rumors, and gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.