Contributors

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Number the Stars

Number the Stars
By Lois Lowry;Houghton Mifflin Company Boston 1989

Summary: For Annemarie Johansen, life in Copenhagen is a complicated mix of ordinary home and school life, with food shortages, and have the constant presence of Nazi soldiers. When the German troops begin thier campaign to relocate the jews. The Johansens take Annemaries best friend, Ellen Rosen and make her a part of the family. Can the Johansen's help Annemarie's friend and save some of the Jews from German oppression.

My Review: I remembering reading this when I was a child and it still remains one of my favorites to this day. Its a story of friendship, Jewish struggle,I highly recomend Number the Stars!

Watch Out For: Nazi oppression, mild violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.