Contributors

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Ugly Duckling

The Ugly Duckling
By Hans Christian Andersen;C.A. Reitzel 1843

Summary: An ugly duckling is born  and recieves abuse from the farmyard neighbors. He wanders  alone for some time trying to find his place in the world. He is taking in by some and rejected by others. He suffers through a long winter and comes to find himself in the spring.

My Review: I think that this is an incredibly sad story. When I read this version of the ugly duckling I felt so sorry for him. I don't like it when he has to suffer from the abuse of the other animals, humans, and himself. The ending always makes me happy because through a journey of self discovery and trials you come to realize how beautiful you really are. I adore this fairy-tale!


Things to Watch Out For: verbal and physical abuse from humans and framyard animals,hunters, shooting, vows of rather to be killed instead of suffering

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't use anything crude, rude, or insulting.